- Today is National Candy Corn Day. According to the National Confectioners Association, more than 35 million pounds—or about nine billion pieces—of candy corn will be produced this year. Find more Halloween candy fun facts on the NCA website.
- The South Bay Galleria will host a free Halloween puppet party at 10:30 a.m. today. See details on the Patch events calendar.
- In case you missed it, Tuesday's top headline was CenterCal to Present Waterfront Plans in yesterday's Today in Redondo Beach, where readers started a discussion about waterfront infrastructure funding.
- For tomorrow: Riviera Village will host its annual Halloween Trick or Treat event, where shops will hand out candy from 4 to 6 p.m. Note restaurants will be open, but Catalina Avenue will be closed from Avenue I to Palos Verdes Boulevard to keep kids safe.
- Are you in the know when it comes to Palos Verdes schools, churches, sports teams or non-profit groups? Want to share the news? Consider blogging on Patch! Contact our community editor, Rebecca Whitnall, for help getting started.