The Found Animals Foundation's 'Nine Lives For $9' cat adoption promotion, which allows all cats 9 months and older to be adopted for just $9, will end on August 31st. Included in the promotional fee, all cats will be spayed or neutered, microchipped and receive first vaccinations at no extra charge. Currently, 18 shelter locations across Los Angeles County are participating in the promotion:
- Los Angeles Animal Services at West Valley, East Valley, North Central, South Los Angeles, West Los Angeles and Harbor shelters.
- Los Angeles Department of Animal Care and Control locations in Lancaster, Castaic, Agoura, Baldwin Park, Downey and Carson.
- Southeast Area Animal Control Authority (SEAACA) and Found Animals Cat Adoption Center in Downey.
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles (spca LA)
- Long Beach Animal Services
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals South Bay Pet Adoption Center (spca LA South Bay)
- Best Friends Animal Society, Mission Hills.
- Found Animals’ Adopt & Shop in Lakewood.
The promotion follows several successful 2011 promotions implemented by Found Animals Foundation, which resulted in finding homes for nearly 4,000 cats. This year the promotion has been targeted to save adult cats, since they have the highest kill rate of all shelter animals.
For detailed information regarding the '9 Lives for $9' cat adoption, people may visit www.foundanimals.org/pet-adoption/9Lives.