As a money-saving mom, I know how to cut corners, especially when it comes to having fun for free. These days, it seem like you can't take the kids very many places for free.
When I was a kid, there was no such thing as indoor playgrounds. At the risk of dating myself, when I was a kid, we rode our bikes and went to the park.
Indoor playgrounds are great for rainy day fun, but unfortunately there is an entry fee, and that can add up quickly over time. Our local beach cities parks are fun and free!
So, grab the kids' bikes and a couple of snacks and take them to the park for some fun in the sun!
Here are some suggestions for local park fun without the fee.
- Where: , 715 Julia St., Redondo Beach
- Where: , 2229 Ernest Ave., Redondo Beach
- Where: , Valley Drive and Gould, Hermosa Beach
- Where: Beach Playgrounds, Second Street, 10th Street, 22nd Street and Longfellow, Hermosa Beach
- Where: Marine Avenue Park, 1625 Marine Ave., Manhattan Beach
- Where: , Redondo Avenue and Manhattan Beach Boulevard, Manhattan Beach