The historic tall ship Lady Washington will return to the waters of Redondo Beach on Thursday to kick off a two-week stay in King Harbor that will offer the public guided sailing adventures and walk-on ship tours.
The wooden ship, a replica of the original Lady Washington that sailed in late 1700's, is the official tall ship ambassador for the State of Washington and serves as a living history exhibit in its ports of call.
The ship made a similar visit to King Harbor last November.
The replica Lady Washington is known for its appearance as Captain Jack Sparrow's pirate ship in the blockbuster movie Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl and, more recently, Captain Hook's ship in an episode of the ABC television show Once Upon a Time that aired in October.
During its time in the South Bay, the ship will be available to the public for self-guided walk-on tours as well as three-hour adventure sails in the Santa Monica Bay. Local schools are also invited to participate in living history programs aboard the ship.
The Lady Washington is expected to arrive in Redondo Beach on Thanksgiving Day and will remain in King Harbor until December 5.
Three-hour adventure sails cost $39 for all ages and a $3 donation is requested for self-guided ship tours. For more information, and to buy tickets for the adventure sails, visit Lady's Washington's official website.
Lady Washington's Redondo Beach Schedule:
Adventure Sails ($39, All Ages):
- Saturday, Nov. 24 | 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 25 | 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 1 | 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 2 | 2:00-5:00 p.m.
Walk-On Tours ($3 Suggested Donation):
- Friday, Nov. 23 | 12:00-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 24 | 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 24 | 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 27 | 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 28 | 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 29 | 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 30 | 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 1 | 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 2 | 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 4 | 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 5 | 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.