How often to you make time to do something special for yourself? As I recently walked out of in Redondo Beach, I thought about the importance of self-care remedies and how they can have so many benefits for the mind, body and soul. Many of us view getting a massage or a manicure as a special treat and only allow time for such indulgences once or twice a year; however, the benefits of self-care treatments help create a healthier—and happier—you.
We all know that life keeps us busy and that chronic stress can be damaging to our health. Certainly, eating a healthy diet and exercising is important for living a quality life. Prioritizing time for self-care is one way we can manage the day-to-day stress in our lives. The results we receive from therapeutic treatments allow us to feel more relaxed physically and mentally, which is beneficial for your overall well being.
Therapeutic treatments do not have to leave your wallet empty. Here are just a few of the self-care remedies I have shared with my clients:
- Treat yourself to a pedicure and manicure. For this small but simple indulgence, I often visit either or , both located in Redondo Beach.
- Nurturing yourself with sleep is one of the most therapeutic remedies for your mind, body and soul. Quality sleep is good for both your physical health and your mental health. Getting optimum sleep will help you feel your best, think your best, and be your best.
- Getting a massage regularly can be a great preventative and nurturing remedy. Regular massage sessions keep you healthy mentally and physically while providing relaxation.
- Sitting in a steam room can be wonderful for sore muscles as well as provide an overall relaxing, spa-like experience. A warm bubble bath can have a similar effect.
- You may find yoga stretches or Pilates movements help bring your body and thoughts back into alignment.
- Going for a walk in the park and admiring the beauty of nature can be a great exercise. In fact, just being outdoors does wonders for the body, mind and soul. Take in the beauty, indulge the senses, and breathe in the surrounding smells. Enjoying a night on your deck under the stars can stir a very nurturing, peaceful feeling within.
- Nurture yourself and the path you are on by writing down your goals and dreams, as well as what steps you need to take to get there. Choose a place in nature to ponder these thoughts. This alone time can help you slip into a quiet, meditative state and focus on what is working in your life, what isn't, and what new changes you might consider.
Many of the above stress-relieving treatments above also allow us to enjoy looking good on the outside, which also helps us feel better emotionally. Therapeutic treatments are a wonderful solution to feeling good inside and out. Listen to what your body needs—sleep? Food? Exercise? Give it that.
Balance in life can be a challenge and something to continuously work toward; committing to making time for you and nurturing yourself regularly can bring more balance and fulfillment into your life.