Many restaurants and retailers are giving back to United States veterans with freebies and discounts in honor of Veterans Day on Sunday. Here are a few South Bay establishments with specials:
- U.S. military personnel and veterans with a military ID or proof of service can grab a free Red's Tavern Double and Bottomless Steak Fries at Red Robin restaurants. The chain is also donating $10,000 to the Wounded Warrior Project. There is a Red Robin location at the South Bay Galleria at 1815 Hawthorne Blvd. in North Redondo Beach.
- California Pizza Kitchen is offering veterans and active military personnel with proof of service a complimentary pizza and non-alcoholic beverage on Sunday and Monday. There is a California Pizza Kitchen in the South Bay Galleria; one at 25304 Crenshaw Blvd. in Torrance; and one in the Manhattan Village mall at 3280 N. Sepulveda Blvd. in Manhattan Beach.
- U.S. military personnel and veterans with a valid military ID can grab a free lunch at T.G.I. Friday's from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Monday. The closest T.G.I. Friday's is located at 23420 Hawthorne Blvd. in Torrance. Call ahead to confirm participation.
- Olive Garden is offering entrees from a special menu on the house Sunday during regular business hours to all veterans and active duty military personnel. Entrees include freshly baked garlic breadsticks and a choice of soup or salad. Proof of service is required. The nearest Olive Garden is located at 23442 Hawthorne Boulevard in Torrance.
- 7-Eleven is giving away free small Slurpees on Sunday from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m. Sunday to all current and former military members who present a military ID or proof of service. Visit 7-eleven.com/locator.aspx to find the closest location.
For more Veterans Day deals and discounts, visit themilitarywallet.com.