The first ever South Bay Yoga Conference was a huge success! Classrooms were packed with yoga teachers and yogis of all levels. We want to share some highlights and testimonials from the wonderful weekend.
- A session on Trigger Point Therapy had yogis rolling around on Yoga Tune Up® Therapy Balls to massage deeply into high tension areas.
- Free Kids Yoga classes gave children ages 3-11 a chance to try yoga!
- Leeann Carey, creator of Yāpana Yoga and her fabulous team of well-educated teachers shared their knowledge in sessions that focused on key alignment using props for therapeutic support.
- Yoga for Surfers taught by Marion Clark exposed the similarities of yoga and surfing in a fun, unique blend of yoga flow focusing on core and balance.
- Jeff Perlman shared his Iyengar and Ayurvedic knowledge in sessions that outlined the rich history of yoga and how it has evolved over time.
- Christopher Quain and The Tibetan Singing Bowls was a fabulous way to close out the weekend. Jessica Klepper wrote about her experiencee with the SBYC singing bowls on her blog, Live, Love, Yoga .
"Loved every minute of the conference! It was perfectly organized, the stuff was super friendly and presenters were just amazing! The best yoga conference I've attended so far!" -Masha Selenenkova
"I loved SBYC because of all the different people and the fun and friendly atmosphere. Everyone was easy to chat to and was really accepting. The yoga was super fun and really relaxing, and it was nice having the market place as something to do during lunch and dinner." -Sophia Silverman
"It was a great opportunity to learn and be exposed to different types of yoga. For example, I took my first Kundalini and Yaapana class. I also loved learning about the Bhandas. In general, it provided me a safe and fun way to step outside the box and explore new things!" -Marla Landa
"I loved participating in the So. Bay Yoga Conference and look forward to next year's. There were many classes to choose from; all were awesome and diverse. I personally enjoyed taking classes from well-known instructors I've been reading about in Yoga Journal but never encountered before." -Avra
"I just loved the South Bay Yoga Conference. There are so many amazing yoga teachers in the South Bay and I never would have met them without being a part of the conference. My practice has changed for the better after my experience. I was also lucky enough to give a talk on why you should eat real raw chocolate and was able to meet so many wonderful people. I am already counting down until next year's conference!" -Katie Bressack, from Balanced Beings
Peace and Love,