More than 800 runners ranging in age from 5 to 82 years old braved a gloomy morning in Redondo Beach's Riviera Village to compete in the annual St. Patrick's Day 5K and Children's Dash, sponsored by Village Runner.
Most of the participants were from the Los Angeles area; however, some came from as far away as Vermont and Florida.
The event was just named an official warm-up race for the Los Angeles Marathon, scheduled for March 17—St. Patrick's Day.
Portions of the proceeds from the race will go to the Redondo Beach Firefighters Community Relief Fund and to running programs at local Redondo Beach schools.
Below are the top three finishers in the men's and women's divisions of the 5K run.
Men's 5K results
- Eulogio Rodriguez (Whittier) - 15:04
- Jon Megeff (Rancho Palos Verdes) - 16:25
- Humberto Sanchez (Redondo Beach) - 16:35
Women's 5K results
- Maria Castaneda (Los Angeles) - 18:27
- Megan Satterfield (Granada Hills) - 20:27
- Kristina Fernandez (Manhattan Beach) - 20:35
Did you compete in this year's race? Add your photos to our community gallery above. Just click "Upload Photos and Videos." Thanks for sharing!