Redondo Beach celebrates Super Bowl Sunday with its annual 10K—plus a 5K and baby buggy 10K—on Sunday morning, and for procrastinators, people can still register to participate.
Registration at Seaside Lagoon in the Redondo Beach Marina opens at the same time as the Health & Fitness Expo at 6 a.m. The registration fee is $40 for each race, and credit cards will not be accepted.
Judging for the costume contest will begin at 7 a.m. The 5K Run/Walk will begin at 7:30 a.m.; the Baby Buggy 10K begins at 8:15 a.m.; and the 10K run begins at 8:30 a.m.
As part of the event, multiple streets in South Redondo Beach and Riviera Village will be closed throughout Sunday morning.
Here is a list of road closures (see attached .pdf for a complete course map):
- All of Harbor Drive
- Herondo Street from Harbor Drive to North Francisca Avenue
- North Francisca Avenue from Herondo Street to North Catalina Avenue
- Catalina Avenue from North Francisca Avenue to South Elena Avenue (essentially almost all of Catalina Avenue)
- 400 and 500 blocks of North Elena Avenue
- 300 and 400 blocks of Carnelian Street
- The entire Torrance Circle and Torrance Boulevard from Broadway to South Catalina Avenue
- 200 block of Avenida Del Norte
- 1700 block of Via El Prado
- All westbound traffic on Vista Del Mar
- All of the Esplanade from Vista Del Mar to Catalina Avenue/Pearl Street
- All of George Freeth Way
Parking for the race is available at the Redondo Beach Marina, the Redondo Beach Pier parking structure, the Pier Plaza parking structure next to the International Boardwalk, the Crowne Plaza hotel and Redondo Union High School. The lot at Redondo Union High School is the only one that does not close at 6:30 a.m. More information on parking is available at redondo10k.com/parking.
Seaside Lagoon is located at 200 Portofino Way. For more information, visit redondo10k.com.