Swarms of volunteers will descend upon schools in this weekend as well as a few other landmarks, thanks to Sharefest Inc.'s ninth annual workday.
In all, more than a dozen projects will be completed around the city, according to the organization.
According to a news release Sharefest, a Torrance-based organization, more than 5,000 volunteers will complete 350 projects at 55 locations in the South Bay and Harbor areas.
Balfour Beatty Construction "adopted" multiple Redondo Beach school sites, and volunteers will build sheds, paint murals and construct planters, among other activities.
"Working with Sharefest helps us to find and organize projects that will have the biggest and most direct impact on local students," said Sharefest Project Coordinator and Senior Program Manager for Balfour Beatty Construction Tom Schlegel. "For example, we estimate that this year's Sharefest Workday projects will provide more than $200,000 in improvements at absolutely no cost to the schools."
Want to volunteer? Register at Sharefest's website and choose a project. For more information, read their volunteer FAQ.
Workday projects in Redondo Beach
- Family/Student Mural at Southwest SELPA
- Alta Vista Beautification
- Aviation Park
- Tidalwave Arts & Gardens at Tulita Elementary School
- Alumni Walk Beautification at Redondo Union High School
- Brightening up the Shore at Redondo Shores High School
- Garden at Beryl Heights Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary Handball Court
- Washington Elementary Beautification
- Campus Beautification at Adams Middle School
- Madison Elementary Goes Green
- Lincoln Elementary School
- St. Paul's United Methodist Church
- Riviera Hall Lutheran School
- Heritage Court