- The Sleepy Hollow Christmas Lights Extravaganza ends Tuesday, so if you plan to see it, head over to Robert Road after 6 p.m.
- Need help making and keeping your new year’s resolutions for 2014? Here’s a link to a government website that lists popular resolutions and the government agencies that can help. Not surprisingly losing weight is first on the list, and the National Institutes of Health have a plan for you.
- Distracted driving is dangerous, especially if you’re a new driver. Starting Wednesday, California drivers under the age of 18 are prohibited from using a wireless device while driving, even if it is equipped with a hands-free option.
- Metro is offering free rides on buses and trains on New Year’s Eve. You can ride free from 9 p.m. until 2 a.m. New Year’s Day.
- The photo above of the Redondo Beach Marina was posted to Flickr's Creative Commons collection by Doug Kerr.
What else is going on this week that your neighbors should know about? Tell us in the comments.
For more Redondo Beach news, like Redondo Beach Patch on Facebook, follow @RedondoBchPatch on Twitter or subscribe to the Redondo Beach Patch daily newsletter.