- Los Angeles County offices, as well as city offices and schools in Redondo Beach, will be closed on Monday in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. Click here for more closures.
- The Redondo Beach City Council will meet Tuesday at 6 p.m. at city hall, located at 415 Diamond St.
- This week is Yellow Ribbon Week for the Redondo Beach Unified School District. Yellow Ribbon Week is designed to raise awareness of violence as well as safety issues.
- With Governor Jerry Brown announcing a statewide drought emergency, it’s a good time to check your home water use. The Metropolitan Water District offers extensive tips online.
- Recent brush fires around Southern California are making the air in some cities unhealthy to breathe. The South Coast Air Quality Management District, the air pollution control agency for Orange County and urban areas of Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties, offers a map with current hourly air quality reports.
What else is going on this week that your neighbors should know about? Tell us in the comments.
For more Redondo Beach news, like Redondo Beach Patch on Facebook, follow @RedondoBchPatch on Twitter or subscribe to the Redondo Beach Patch daily newsletter.