- The Redondo Beach City Council will meet Tuesday at 6 p.m. at city hall, located at 415 Diamond St. in South Redondo Beach. On the agenda is a moratorium on building energy generation facilities.
- Want your business featured on Redondo Beach Patch? Just answer five questions (and provide some additional information) on our Small Business Spotlight page.
- If you think your pet needs a makeover, Tuesday is the perfect day. It’s National Dress Up Your Pet Day, an event which dates back all the way to 2009. If you participate, send Patch a photo! (The above photo is from the Schreiber Family Kitty Calendar, which depicts two cats—and occasionally their friends—in various costumes. Read more here.)
- Monday is National AMBER Alert Awareness Day. The CHP reminds the public to get involved during an alert by listening to news reports, paying attention to highway message signs, and keeping an eye out for the suspect vehicle.
- Attention self-employed individuals: Wednesday is the deadline for paying estimated taxes for the last quarter of 2013. The government shutdown in October delayed the start of the tax season, but not the date for payments.
What else is going on this week that your neighbors should know about? Tell us in the comments.
For more Redondo Beach news, like Redondo Beach Patch on Facebook, follow @RedondoBchPatch on Twitter or subscribe to the Redondo Beach Patch daily newsletter.